Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Halloween Book Displays

 These book displays were just a few that I put up during Halloween.  The Guy's Read display featured mummy's and included a joke about why guys like to read (because their mummies told them to).
 This vampire display was made from my versatile baker's rack.  You can't see it in the picture, but it was lit up with bat lights and lanterns.
 I included this Poe display because I love the classics and his stories still resonate with young adults.
This Twilight display was actually a collection of various vampire and werewolf  books.  The signs say "Vampire Lit--Love at First Bite!"  I closed the blinds and used a door mural from the dollar store as a backdrop.


This creepy guy was used to promote all of the horror/scary books in the library.  He was made from an old dress form, a pumpkin head and a mask.  We have a school-wide AR reading program, so I tried to make him a little less creepy with the signs.  His head lit up and the kids loved him.  I also added a couple of old books, spider webs and a black rat.  Thank goodness for the Dollar Store!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment